In recent years, the CBD is at the peak of popularity. The therapeutic properties of the CBD effect on brain, in addition, scientifically proven, and the lack of side effects, make cannabidiol an excellent nootropic.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids that were discovered in cannabis. Its share in the extract of the plant itself can reach over 38% while the substance does not have negative psychoactive properties, which, for example, is a tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
How CBD interacts with the brain
Subject of survey is the research of the brain effect of CBD where healthy volunteers were studied with the effect on the brain functions, with a diagnosis of psychiatric disorder. Ninety-four researches were conducted. All of them studied the acute CBD effects on the functions of the brain at rest or in the context of cognitive tasks. In healthy volunteers, acute CBD enhanced fronto-striatal resting state connectivity. In addition, CBD modulated the activity of the brain and had opposite effects, compared with THC, after specific patterns and analysis of cognitive paradigms, such as:
- verbal memory;
- inhibiting the response;
- auditory and visual processing.
During cognitive tasks among people with high risk of psychosis and patients with established psychosis, CBD showed intermediate brain activity compared to placebo and good indicators. CBD modulated limbic activity at rest in subjects with anxiety levels and patients with autistic spectrum disorders. Based on this, we can safely say that CBD causes significant changes in brain activity and communication models at rest. The indicator of the effectiveness of cognitive processes also increases. This applies to both healthy and patients with mental disorders.
Natural pain relief
One of the most popular applications of CBD is to eliminate pain and/or inflammation. This applies both to people with chronic diseases and athletes who claim that when using the CBD they can play through pain and accelerates the recovery process.
One of the most important studies related to the CBD and chronic pain is the review of past studies that was published in 2018. The review examined research from 1975 to the beginning of 2018. They included patients suffering from chronic pain from fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, pain with cancer and etc. The review showed that the CBD effectively helped in relieving pain without side effects.
In therapy of painful conditions nabiximols is also used, which is an ordinary oral spray with the 1 to 1 proportion of CBD and THC. The drug was approved by pharmaceutical companies and it was stated that it could be closely used to relieve pain and spasms associated with multiple sclerosis.
Potential treatment for anxiety and depression
In addition, one of the main reasons for using CBD is its sedative effect in relation to stress. An example is an article from a Brazilian magazine about psychiatry published in 2017, where it was described how the CBD affects the alarm. The study was attended by 57 men who were to speak publicly. Men were given a placebo, 150, 300 and 600 mg CBD, respectively.
Those who took specific 300 mg of the CBD oil felt a pacifying calm, unlike those who happened to take placebo. It is worth noticing that men who took 600 or 150 mg felt a little more alarming than those who took 300 mg. Therefore, the dose matters. In addition to everything, British pharmacology journal published a study of mice. It was found that the CBD has a similar effect with Imipramine, which is a popular thymoleptic. Unfortunately, this has not yet been tested on people.
Disorders of a nervous and stressful nature are often accompanied by bouts of depression, which, in certain, acute cases of manifestations of these diseases, including PTSD, can themselves be chronic and deep. However, as in the case of the modulation of the manifestation of stressful reactions of a physiological and psychological nature, the CBD equally effectively affects the patient’s tone, already after a few days of regular use of the cannabinoid, improving its general emotional background and mood.
This happens the CBD activates the work of 5-HT1A in the brain tissues, stimulating the production of serotonin, accelerating the transmission of nerve impulses along the tissues of the organ and central nervous system, thereby allowing more effectively regulating the manifestation of emotional reactions, including negative sensations associated with different forms of depression.
At the same time, the CBD, as well as other cannabinoid substances, has a rather comprehensive effect on other types of neuromodulatory receptors, including glutamine receptors that directly responsible for stimulating the nerve and aggressive protective reactions of the body. Unlike stimulation of serotonin receptors, which in general exerting the tonic effect on the emotional background of a person, the activity of glutamine receptors and the release of appropriately supports the body in a tense state.
However, the CBD acts as a “No trespassing” sign for the receptors of this group, effectively disconnecting excessively active receptors in the subjects of the substance, thereby balancing emotional reactions to a more positive and calm background.
In order to improve people’s life, there was the study made to assess the influence of the CBD on human sleep. The score for the study was the assessment of sleep and anxiety at the initial level and after the CBD treatment.
The final stage consisted of 72 adults who suffered from anxious states or sleep deterioration. After therapy, 57 patients (79.2%) felt the state anxiety decreased within a month and remained reduced during the duration of the study. As for sleep, during the first month, 48 patients (66.7%) began to observe improvements, but over time the indications fluctuated. It was concluded that there is definitely a positive effect but there are still many studies to be done to fully prove that.
Among other things, there were studies that proved that CBD protects nerve cells from a lack of oxygen and different poisons, including alcohol poisoning.
If you look back and recall its positive effect on the therapy of multiple sclerosis and realize that stress, depressive states, persistent neurosis can be impressive destructive processes. Not to mention chronic pain, we can conclude that CBD is a kind of a brain protector which is a reliable ally in daily life and a helper of quality functioning.
What do you need to know before taking CBD?
We will tell you some tips that will help you when using this product:
1. Start with small doses and slowly
The use of CBD is very individual and a certain standard or a recommended dose is not one-box solution. The starting point for one person is 10 to 40 mg per day, and someone may take from 40 to 60 mg to maintain a healthy sleep. The main mistake of the lion’s share of users is that they consume large doses at once. If you do not have a practicalexperience in using CBD or cannabis as awhole, in no case you should be improvising with a dose. 10 mg more can sometime be too much
2. Consider different ways of using CBD
Smoking or vaporing is the most famous method of using the CBD, but there is a wider spectrum, including food products, tablet forms, relevant creams and lotions, as well as oils and tinctures:
- As a rule, pills and edible forms of CBD are considered easy of access, but it is important to understand that the CBD has relatively low bioavailability, which means that only part of the CBD that you accept will be able to positively digest into the gastrointestinal tract and really reach the bloodstream. There is an assumption that up to 60% of CBD can be irrevocably lost in the process of digestion. This can take about 2-3 hours before the start of the effect.
- Sublingual CBD oils are also an excellent and simple option for the beginners. This concentrated form is placed under the tongue, this place is especially effective in its wealth of absorbing blood vessels, providing a very quick delivery of CBD to the blood. Compared to conventional foods, you can feel the effect after a few minutes.
- Lotions and creams penetrating into the skin are activated by endocannabinoid receptors in muscle fibers. It is used as localized relief and support of joint health.
- Smoking or vaporization of the CBD of liquids or “vaping” of oils is one of the fastest ways to feel the effects of cannabidiol, but the process can be a little frightening for beginners. When vaporing and smoking, it is difficult to scale the right size of the portion, based on how much you breathe. On the other hand, if you’re familiar with vaporization then it’s gonna be a great option. In addition, vaporization itself is a great way to relax.
The method of taking the CBD depends on how quickly you want to obtain the effect and localize the problem.
3. Use only high-quality CBD products
CBD products must have a high quality mark, like everything that we use. It is recommended to purchase extractions of whole plants that have a wider range of other phytochemicals and. You should be careful since many extracts may contain traces of THC, but you should not worry much. Studies show that the CBD and THC work in synergy, which means that a small dose of THC can strengthen the positive efficiency of the CBD to work better.
4. Expect fuck ups and go on and on
Based on the level of your individual tolerance, the level of metabolism, the method of delivery and the fact that you ate throughout the day before taking the CBD, your reaction may differ significantly from other subjects. In fact, your own experience with the CBD can change throughout each day before deciding on the dosage and schedule that is best for one.
5. Keep drinking mode on
Each person has its own experience, but some people using CBD products may experience slight dehydration, if they do not control the body fluid balance. Being off-topic, drinking enough water has not yet damaged anyone.
6. You may encounter side effects
Unfortunately, some users may experience mild side effects, which include:
- Cotton mouth
- Low blood pressure
If you are unlucky and you faced these side effects then do not worry, they will disappear over time. Side effects are generally rare, especially with adequate dosing. If you experience more severe symptoms, be sure to seek the help of a medical professional!
7. CBD will not get you high
CBD is a product that has many positive effects on the brain, including some that have not yet been studied, but the state of “phased” is not one of them. In fact, higher CBD doses can reduce the intensity and potential side effects of marijuana of a higher level, which is a certain opposite of the state that some lovers of “stoned” will want to achieve. On the bright side, CBD can make you happy, which is already pretty good.
Top 10 CBD brands to try
If you still decided to try CBD products, we want to recommend some brands that produce these products at good level:
- 1. Penguin – a brand specializing in CBD products. They are based in New York. They are rather a young company, as they started only in the fall of 2019. Since then, they have climbed their market ladder to become one of the most outstanding CBD brands. They were highly appreciated by such noticeable editions as Merry Jane, Maxim, Medical Daily, Forbes, Daily Beast, Reader’s Digest, Observer and Discover magazine. Merry Jane in their review claimed that they “constantly surpass expectations” compared to other similar brands. Meanwhile, Maxim called them “the hottest brand of CBD in the world.”
- 2. Everest is a company that is based in San Antoni. They have quite well proven themselves in the CBD oil market. They position themselves as the main mentors in handling CBD products, their advantages to recreate a healthy lifestyle. It has a fairly good assortment and decent quality.
- 3. Batch and their most powerful Gold Reserve Blend product – they are proud of their gold mixture and call it “the most powerful tincture to date.” It contains 4000 mg CBD for 1 ounce, while maintaining a slight taste. It is recommended to enlighten the mind and the body, but we do not recommend this product to beginners, only for experienced users.
- 4. Joy Organics creates CBD products that are carefully tested. The company is committed to transparency at each stage with the results of internal and third-party laboratory testing, which is easily accessible. Joy Organics has a wide range of products, including a collection of organic products. Most of the products of the company are formulated excluding tetrahydanabinol (THC). They still contain useful terpenes and flavonoids, as well as other cannabinoids, such as cannabigerol (CBG) and cannabinol (CBN).
- 5. Verma Farms is a brand of healthcare, which has a good variety of CBD products. All CBD products that they sell have a Hawaiian theme such as Maui Melon Gummies, PineApple Party CBD, filled with dried fruits, to the CBD Lemon Lime oil. Their formulas are designed to help a person relax, concentrate and achieve a better general recovery. Forbes made a review on Verma, claiming that this is a brand that offers “the most versatile and better tasting (CBD) on the market.” This CBD company also received high praise from Men’s Journal, Entrepreneur Media.
- 6. CBDMD – IF You Want Choices, You’ll find it at CBDMD. With Oils, Gummies, Topicals, Softgels, Beegs, Bath Products, and More, CBDMD Specializes in Broad-SPECTRUM CBD. Pricing Runs The Gamut, Throw If You Bundle Two or Three Items, You Can Save Up To 25 Percent. Reviews are Really Positive on the CBDMD SITE, BUT A LITTLE MORE MIXED On Third-Party Sits Like Trustpilot.
- 7. Charlotte’s Web– If the world has a standard of the CBD industry, then the Charlotte website can correspond to it in the minds of many people. The last story of the CW is the legendary – This Early Entry in the Market Was Concocifical and Successfully to Ease the Medical Problems Experienced by Famber Charlotte. That Record of Success Continues, With Proven CBD Oils and Other CBD Products that SATISFY A LARGE and LOYAL Customer Base. CW IS U.S HEMP Authority Certified.
- 8. Cbdistillery – appears in many lists of the “best” and for good reason. Few brands may correspond to a combination of undeniable quality sold at excellent prices. Smooth light oils provide sedative relief for users. Tinctures are available in a different range of concentrations, as in the composition of the full and wide spectrum. Their new sentences include oils with a ratio of 1:1 CBD and CBG for the synergetic advantages of both cannabinoids.
- 9. Sunday Scaries – Sunday Scaries is a California-based CBD company selling a small but well-curated selection of CBD products, including gummies, oils, candies, and bath bombs. They use broad-spectrum CBD in their products, which means no THC. Everything is third-party tested for safety. Although Sunday Scaries is a relatively young company, they are a well-known CBD brand. Their website features positive reviews on individual products. Many users have given their items 5-star ratings.
- 10. CBDfx was founded in 2014 and is the world’s second largest privately held CBD company nowadays.
The company found market acceptance on the idea that everyone should have an opportunity to try the benefits of CBD, and that hasn’t changed in the years since. CBDfx today offers a broad variety of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate products.
It is worth noticing that not all CBD products are the same. There are three different types of extracts that can be used:
- Isolate ismade with organically grown, non-GMO hemp;
- Wide spectrum contains all cannabinoids and other plant compounds in the hemp plant, including THC;
- Complete spectrum contains all cannabinoids and plant compounds, except for THC.
It is much easier to determine which product best corresponds to your needs with uxcnderstanding the difference between the three species
The oil of the CBD with isolate contains only CBD.
Based on all the above information, many conclusions can be drawn that can make life much easier for a user who has never come into contact with CBD products before or has heard about it, but was afraid to try it.
Many fear anything that has anything to do with cannabis, but modern scientific research continues to bring clarity to the dark forest of information and lift the veil of the many benefits that can be derived from this plant, both for the nervous system and for general physical well-being in in general.
Further discoveries in the field of CBD research are just ahead and who knows what surprises await us in the future…