There are tons of hemp-derived CBD use methods, its use is simply linked to the consumption of the tastiest. Enthusiasts have thought of it and now you can find this plant compound in sweet teas, sodas, and cold drinks. This CBD food is easy to digest, but can they really be used? Let’s find out in this article!
What are CBD Hemp Infused Drinks?
At the moment, a fairly large number of people have heard about CBD which is derived from hemp. Of the many plant compounds found in hemp, CBD has been the most extensively researched for its ability to reduce stress and promote a more stable mood.
Once large cannabinoids such as CBD are extracted from hemp plants, the compound can be incorporated into any number of functional oils, tinctures, capsules, gummies and, of course, tablets.
Jun Chin, D.O., a New York-based integrator physician specializing in Cannabis sativa and its source organ, was not surprised by the sales increase of CBD products in the market. She sees many people enjoying them as a (hangover-free) alternative to social drinks like alcohol.
Under US law, hemp plants must have a reduced (less than 0.3%) amount of THC per serving, meaning hemp-derived CBD drinks don’t make you feel better. Instead, drinks are sold to quickly introduce you to a calm, relaxed feeling and an overall feeling of lightness.
So, do they really work?
CBD is a naturally occurring fat-soluble molecule, meaning that it must be specially emulsified before it can be properly incorporated into liquid drinks. There is a chance during the proccess that the plant compound will lose some of its activity and absorbability“CBD will be more easily absorbed by the body if it is contained, for example, in a tincture with a fat-based carrier oil such as MCT or olive oil,” says Sasha Kalcheff Korn, executive director of Realm of Caring, a nonprofit cannabinoid research organization.
For these reasons, there are better ways (than drinks) to reap the benefits of hemp’s cannabinoid compounds. Anyway that doesn’t mean CBD drinks won’t help you calm down. Even there is no scientific evidence, many people find them useful for relaxation and stress management.
Whether it works for you will likely depend on the amount of hemp extract and CBD in the product, how it’s prepared, and how your body reacts to that particular herb.
Best CBD drinks you can buy to stay cool, calm, and hydrated
These New Age drinks induce calm with adaptogens and CBD, a cool relative of THC that has relaxing properties without the euphoria. This is due to hemp oil, which has a calming effect on the central nervous system. Though expensive, these panaceas can provide anxiety benefit and more diffused relief throughout the body.
Here are a few brands to try:
- Vybes – The brand’s CBD blends contain 25mg of CBD isolate hemp extract for improved efficiency and weed-free taste. Freshly squeezed juice and wild herbs fill your taste buds with aromas of peach ginger, strawberry lavender and blueberry mint. They have only 40 calories and 4 to 10 grams of sugar. These fizzy adaptogenic drinks relieve anxiety with mood-stabilizing ashwagandha, L-theanine, and radiol.
- Mad Tasty – Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract (20mg) turns into a water-soluble solution to ensure uniform dosing and greater absorption to harmonize with external stimuli, resulting in improved mood and better sleep. The hemp extract may be bitter, but Yuzu Citrus is a refreshing blend of grapefruit, lemon, and tangerine that balances out its earthiness. Each can contain up to 15 calories and is sugar free.
- Dram – If you don’t want to drink anything reminiscent of Skittles, this zero-calorie (and sugar!) soda contains 25mg of CBD, plus adaptogenic herbs, roots and flowers. Fresh citrus flavor and lightly spiced ginger are stimulating blends said to sharpen concentration and dispel brain fog, causing tension and anxiety. By the end of the day, your body will have that amazing lead stamina and you’ll be ready for bed.
- Wynk is the perfect drink for those looking to cool down and relax without a hangover. Each 8.4 oz can of Wynk contains a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, and zero calories. With fun flavors ranging from Black Cherry Fizz to Juicy Mango, this drink is the perfect replacement for canned alcoholic smoothies, which can be high in sugar and calories.
- Miraflora – This fizzy sports drink contains 35mg of CBD from full spectrum organic hemp, electrolytes, amino acids, collagen and coconut water. The ingredients work in tandem to increase blood flow, replenish hydration, support joints, and help fight exercise-induced tissue damage. Sweet yet refreshing, the berry hibiscus has 15 calories and no sugar.
- Amass is a botanical beverage and personal care company. They created a new cannabis-based premium spirit in Afterdream. This shelf-stable premium non-alcoholic alcohol contains 3.5 mg THC, 3.5 mg CBD and 3.5 mg Delta-8 per serving and is made up of 14 botanicals and 8 terpenes.
The result was a soft, cool drink that mimics the effect of a strong cocktail without alcohol. Amass recommends starting with one 1.5-ounce serving with ice or mixed with seltzer or tonic water. Afterdream also pairs well with a variety of cocktails. For full effect, wait 20 to 40 minutes after consumption for effect.
- Recess – Although it has less CBD than some other options (10mg of broad-spectrum hemp), it uses American ginseng, L-theanine, and lemon balm to relieve stress and promote whole-body balance. Instead of a restless hum, you’ll have a steady stream of productive energy—a suitable replacement for coffee. Blood Orange, Coconut Lime, and Pomegranate Hibiscus flavors have 20 calories and 4 grams of sugar.
As you can see, humanity has already overcome a huge number of progressive steps to achieve and understand the goals of consuming CBD and so on.
A drink containing CBD is one of the proofs of productive work towards understanding this plant. Of course, based on the above, there is also an understatement, such as the low knowledge of this compound and the poor digestibility of this product. The main advice about this is to try to consume foods containing CBD using fatty compounds, which will not only help you absorb CBD well, but also work positively in tandem with the same Vitamin A.
What do we mean by “fat compounds”? This refers to foods with a high fat content (sour cream, butter, other oils, but in no case foods with excess cholesterol).
You take the final decision whether to try this product or not!